315 Mill Street
The Bank of Danville, Danville’s oldest bank,
opened for business in 1850. In 1865, it became the Danville National Bank and in 1881, workers constructed the main part of the stone building that stands today with additions in 1952 and 1966.
Turn right on to West Market Street
43 West Market Street
This Second Empire Vermont stone and granite 3.5 story house was built by Charles Hancock in 1872. His father, William, was one of the men involved in the development of the T-rail at the Montour Iron Works in Danville.
61 West Market Street
This house was built by Edward Baldy in 1872. He was the son of Peter Baldy, Sr. Edward succeeded his father as president of the Danville National Bank. Originally, the house
was a mirror image of the property at 43 West Market Street, Second Empire Style. It was remodeled in the Colonial Revival Style early in the 20th century, with a hip and gable-roof.
Turn to page 13 for Architecture Key
Powered by FlippingBook