253 Mill Street
Designed by Charles Wetzel and built in 1871, the Montour County Courthouse features
quoins, brackets, arched windows and a cupola of the Italianate style. This was Montour County’s second Courthouse, the original building also stood on this site.
Continue to East Market Street
58 East Market Street
G. W. Miles, owner of the Glendower Iron Mill, lived in this Second Empire Style stone and granite mansion which was built circa 1870.
Continue to 317 East Ferry Street
317 Ferry Street
Designed by Charles Wetzel; the cornerstone was laid on July 5, 1886 on the site of the former Danville Hotel. The Thomas Beaver Free Library and the YMCA cost $195,000 to build. All of the funding was
donated by local industrialist Thomas Beaver. The library now also occupies the portion of the building that was once the YMCA. It is built of Ohio gray stone with granite trimmings and Scotch granite columns.
Turn to pages 14-15 for Map Guide
Powered by FlippingBook