130 East Main Street
This clock was erected c.1914 by the A.B. Hess Jewelry Store and was relettered when the business was bought by Sneidman c.1924. A similar clock stood near Market Square at the former Roy’s Jewelers.
322 East 2nd Street
The former Housenick Motors building was constructed in an early Modern Industrial style in 1919 by the Housenick Motors Company, the second oldest Ford dealership in the country. While the company was on the ground floor, notable amongst second floor
tenants was a dance hall known as the “Casino” and a training area for George Keller’s performing animal act of big cats. Keller, a former Bloomsburg University art professor, had a successful 20-year career with a variety of shows including Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus. Following the dealership’s closing, the building was remodeled for student apartments.
352 East 2nd Street
This Queen Anne style house was built in 1889 for Cortez B. Robbins, a wholesale liquor dealer and a lifelong bachelor who lived here until his death in 1937. An interior stained- glass window includes a hand painted robin. Note that there are several Queen Anne houses on this block .
Turn to page 20 for Architecture Key
Powered by FlippingBook