200 South Penn Street
Carver Hall, built in a Georgian Revival style with Italianate Revival elements, was dedicated in 1867. The center cupola was replaced by a projecting domed bell
tower in 1900 and lights were added to the tower in 1954 as a memorial to students who died serving in World War II. Originally called Institute Hall for the Bloomsburg Literary Institute, it was the first building erected on the present campus and renamed in 1927 in honor of Henry Carver, the Principal from 1866 to 1871.
301 East 2nd Street
The Romanesque style Bloomsburg Town Hall was built in 1890. Notice that the exterior walls incorporate molded terra cotta bricks (now painted).
101 East Main Street
St. Paul’s Episcopal, in 1790 the one-acre site for the church was the original town burial ground. The present church, built in 1868 in Victorian Gothic, was preceded by three structures which stood to the right where the Rectory (built in
1876 in the Gothic Style) now stands. The current bell tower was completed in 1891 and the attached parish house (up Iron Street) in 1892. The first pipe organ in Bloomsburg was installed here in 1874.
Turn to pages 12 for Map Guide
Powered by FlippingBook