Walk Danville

From the corner of Ferry Street, turn right on Bloom Street until you reach Mill Street.

51 Bloom Street 39

This was once the home of William Chamberlin, an entrepreneur who was married to Thomas Beaver’s daughter, Emily. This stone Second Empire Style dwelling is noted for its massive central tower. The building was restored

by St. Joseph’s Church and is used as an annex to their school. Built c. 1870.

19 Bloom Street 40

This house is a well- preserved example of the Queen Anne style, which features a variety of architectural details including corbelled chimneys, a projecting oriel

window, bracketing and a pyramidal roof. Built between 1880-1885 by Daniel Montgomery Boyd, grandson of Danville’s namesake, it was also home to the Danville Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks for 77 years (1923-2000). It was purchased by the Montour County Historical Society in 2010 and is now the Boyd House Museum. To arrange a tour, please call (570) 271-0830

This concludes Tour 2


Turn to pages 20-21 for Map Guide

Powered by